Safe Families for Children
"Safe Families for Children is an opportunity for volunteers to have a powerful impact in the lives of others while practicing biblical hospitality, extending the love of Christ to people in need — all from their own home!" We have chosen to make this opportunity open to our church because we believe in the mission of it.
We are cycling to raise awareness and funds for Safe Families for Children! This event is great fun for all ages! You can register to ride and get sponsors, volunteer at the event, sponsor other riders, or seek corporate sponsorships! All funds go towards helping Safe Families for Children. Check out these links for more information:
- Event Details
- Team Info
- Register to Ride, Sponsor, or Donate
- Cycling Event Volunteer Opportunities and Sign-Up
- Info Flyer (for printing and posting)
- Questions or Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 815-978-0036
Opportunities to Volunteer for the Harvest Safe Families Ministry Team
- Host Family – accepts one or more children into their home on a temporary basis during a time of crisis or hardship experienced by the biological parents and provides a safe and loving home. Overview the Host Family volunteer opportunity here
- Resource Family – provides resources such as supplies (diapers, clothing, etc) as well as support (transportation, tutoring, baby-sitting) to assist the Host Family in caring for the child, and commits to prayer for all those involved in the ministry during the placement time. For more info view Safe Families Resources brochure. Also, check out: How Life Groups can make Safe Families their ministry.
- Family Coach - ministers to the needs of the Host Family as they care for the child placement(s) by visiting, guiding, helping, and linking them up with resources and assistance.
- Parent Coach – ministers to the needs of the biological family, coordinates care and helps to link the needs of the biological parents with available resources, and helps support (spiritually, emotionally, and socially).
- View the Harvest Safe Families Volunteer Opportunities presentation for more details
Resource Closet and Current Supply Needs
Several at-risk children are currently being cared for by Host Families in Rockford and there are many needs. Harvest supporters continue to give clothing, shoes, toys, and more - to God's Resource Closet. You can help by donating various items which are picked up by Host Families for the children they host. View our updated needs list here.
You can also help by volunteering to fold, sort, clean and organize the donations. Contact Chris Criel (email@example.com or (815) 218-9098) to find out when you can volunteer to help with this important ministry.
*View "Safe Families Project video from Harvest Bible Chapel of Rockford" - June 2012 on Vimeo!
YouShare.Org is a web-based solution to matching needs with giving. YouShare.Org is and a way of sharing your talents, goods, and/or serivces to a matched need out there within the Safe Families community. Information is confidential and a Safe Families volunteer will contact you when matching needs are identified. Check it out or Sign Up to serve with YouShare.Org
*View "Harvest "Safe Families Saturday Recap" video to review the June 2012 Harvest Safe Families Ministry ourtreach highlight.
- For Children in Need:
- Robb Rennix, Regional Director for Safe Families Greater-Rockford Area,
- Interested in serving as a volunteer Host Family or Resource Family:
- Bret or Martha Krebeck, Safe Families Ministry Team Leaders, Harvest Bible Chapel of Rockford
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- cell: 815-978-0036